As a traveler, one of the ways to minimize the uncertainty and the stress of traveling, and know what to do, how to reach the place and who the most reliable service provider is through researching. Nonetheless, nowadays researching implies time, and time is money, so just few people are willing to do a wide research for looking the best options for visiting the dreamed place. This is the main reason for trusting in a local destination management company (DMC) with the experience and knowledge in the destination wanted.
On the side of the tourism industry, travel agents cannot manage and operate every destination in the world. Therefore, they relays on local DMC's with the whole knowledge and contacts for guaranteeing that every traveler will have a marvellous and unforgettable experience. However, what are the key factors for choosing the best DMC and ensure that the agent's clients will return with a smile on their face and a recommendation for the trip and for as well as its travel advisor? Some of these aspects are:
- The DMC must be local: A destination based company knows the routine, the services that can be offered and operated as well as the local people that can be involved on the services. A local Destination Management Company knows how to guarantee travelers satisfaction by being the representative of the travel agent and being responsible of any request or issue that the tourist might have during the service.
- A compromised DMC with local community development through tourism development: Tourism industry has a huge multiplier effect on the development of local communities. A responsible DMC will hire local people and businesses for running the tour, under the DMC´s supervision. In this way, travelers will be both connected with the soul of the place and will help on the economic development of this community.
- Verify DMC´s Recognition in the Industry: When a DMC is well stablished in the industry, it starts to build a reputation and recognition that will help you know you can trust in them. However, it's important to verify how reliable and good is the service provided by the DMC.
- Ability to prepare tailor made programs: Being different and personalized makes a travel agent stand out from the competition, and it is the best way to offer what your client wants. A reliable DMC must be able to comprehend traveler's needs and interest and then translate it in a good tour program with value for money.
- Professionalism: A good DMC has a knowledgeable team at the destinations offered, willing to offer support to the travel agent and to its customers, giving quick responses both to agents and travelers´ questions.
These are only just some of the facts that a travel agent can use for choosing a local tour operator, and in this way being able to offer new destinations and products that can fulfill traveler’s needs with a huge impact on local communities.
The development of the tourism industry is based not only on destinations attractiveness but also in flawless services and the care to details supported by local Destination Management Companies.